Here we go again ladies and gents, the Grape to Grain LIVE tastings continue apace!!! Tom and Baz...and sometimes Jen come to you LIVE....from Prestwich!! Tremendous wines, matched cheeses and a whole load of fun..In In is the new Out Out...Until we can be In whilst Out...shakin' it all about!
Our Friday and Saturday tastings start at 8pm :)
Wait...hold on...hang fire...JUST ONE SECOND....there's an International Riesling Day?!?!? Now you know that everyday is Riesling day here at G2G, so we obviously couldn't miss the opportunity to celebrate that, and do so in style! We will be showing off the versatility and variety of Riesling from the driest Trocken style, through to Ice Wine...and everything in between. There's some bonus bottles if your game too!
We will be flying from the heart and home land of Riesling, the colder climates of Germany and popping into New Zealand and Australia. Each has their own unique terroir and Riesling will show that off to perfection! Don't forget to add on the extras if you want the whole show, but the main tasting is 4 wines on its own so don't fret if you cannot stretch to it this time, but if you can its a real treat!!
Come find out why we LOVE this grape so much!!
The wines are delivered to your door, with matched cheeses and we then taste it together online, we will be live streaming on Facebook LIVE and of course on Zoom too!! Banging wines and 2 pillocks hosting...or 2 pillocks and Jen...
The 'portions' are 100ml 'Tasters' and 500ml 'Carafes' or the imperious 'Full Bottle'. Pick the right size for you, your budget and how many guests you have. The final wine in the main tasting is a 50ml serve, not 100ml, as its super spenny, and we dont want to make the tasting so dear it prices folk out of the market! The extras are full bottle/half bottle only!
All these are subject to change...but...here's the lineup!
- First up we are in the Rheingau with the Schloss Vollrads, `Volratz 1573` Rheingau Riesling Trocken (ve).
- Secondly over to Nu Zillun bru for the Framingham F-Series Old Vine Riesling.
- Thirdly tonight we will be heading back to Germany for the Axel Pauly 'Generations' Mosel Riesling Feinherb (ve).
- We finish the main tasting with a lick of the Mount Horrocks 'Cordon Cut' (ve) from the Clare Valley in Australia.
If you fancy the extras you can one, or both, of the following;- A bottle of fizzy Riesling you say? It's the Weingut Max Ferdinand Richter 'Patrizier Haus Sekt' (ve) from Mosel in Germany.
- We will finish on the Peller Estates Single Varietal Riesling Ice Wine (ve) from Ontario, Canada.Serious wines, for (not very) serious folk...Should be an absolute spanker!!