Our in-store tastings are BACK BABY!! After a year and half of meeting through Zoom, we can now all meet up and share our love of all things boozy in person...and we are so, so, SO excited!! We have a full program of events coming up!!
Our in-store Tastings have various start times - on Thursdays they will start at 8pm, on Saturdays they will start at 4pm. The LIVE virtual tastings will continue and they will always start at 8pm unless specifically stated otherwise!
It’s our annual Xmas day tasting…this is what WE will be enjoying on Christmas Day. It’s the full day’s booze plans, from getting up and gorging on Chocolate, what to have with Turkey/the main event through to what to slurp whilst falling asleep watching Zulu in the late afternoon.
Christmas turkey can be a struggle to pair with so we have got a textural white and a big red, some fizz because Christmas and some Port to go with the MOUNTAIN of cheese we are all blessed with every Chrimbo.
The 'portions' are 75ml per person unless stated otherwise, and almost always teamed up with a delicious food pairing. There will be lots of opportunity to buy more wine afterwards if you so please...
All these are subject to change...but...here's the lineup!
- The first we have gone for the A Bucks Fizz. Not Mimosa…why? Because a Mimosa is 50/50 OJ and Fizz, a Bucks Fizz is 2/3 Fizz and 1/3 OJ. Perfectly paired with stocking/selection box choccies.
- Secondly the Rathfinny Cuvee Classic, A classic ‘Champagne’ from East Sussex comprising all the usual Champers grapes with Pinot Noir dominant. Rathfinny’s Classic Cuvée displays vivid aromas of grapefruit, red apple and brioche on the nose. The palate has real focus with zesty acidity tempered by the wine’s creamy texture and rich, biscuity notes, leading to a refreshing and moreish finish.
- Thirdly the Iona Chardonnay, The wine shows concentrated marzipan and citrus notes, with underlying hazelnut and lime notes, which adds to layered complexity. The wine is seamless, with flavoursome and long finish. 11 months in French oak after growing in the rare cool Elgin area in the South African sun…complex and subtle.
- Next up, a show stopper red, the J Lohr ‘Hilltop’ Cabernet Sauvignon. Exceptionally dark in colour with aromas of blackberry, black currant, and toasted pastry crust. Dense and soft on the palate, with elegant layers of black and red currants leaving a bright finish.
- Finally, the Sandeman Ruby Port. Blended from wines of different vintages this ruby Port is an average of 4 years age. Rich, spicy black fruit flavours fill this drinkable classic. Brilliant ruby red in colour. On the nose the Ruby Port shows clean, bright aromas of ripe plums and strawberries. The full body and rich ripe flavours are accompanied on the palate by soft juicy tannins and well balanced sweetness. Pair with too much cheese :)
Serious wines, for (not very) serious folk...Should be an absolute spanker!!