Here we go again ladies and gents, the Grape to Grain LIVE tastings continue apace!!! Tom and Baz...and sometimes Jen come to you LIVE....from Prestwich!! Tremendous wines, matched cheeses and a whole load of fun..In In is the new Out Out...Until we can be In whilst Out...shakin' it all about!
Our Thursday, Friday and Saturday tastings start at 8pm :)
It’s St George’s Day and so let’s take a good squint at the wines we knock out in these fair isles. On our tastings the most frequently asked question by an absolute MILE is ‘what do you guys think about English wine?’. Well the answers will be laid out on this tasting.
English wine makers can make brilliant fizz, the climate 100% lends itself to fizzy wizzy, and they certainly benefit from adding dosage (sugar) after secondary fermentation in the bottle that Méthod Traditionelle/Champenoise style. But still wines can be made, and there are some blinders!!
The wines are delivered to your door, with matched cheeses and we then taste it together online, we will be live streaming on Facebook LIVE and of course on Zoom too!! Banging wines and 2 pillocks hosting...or 2 pillocks and Jen...
The 'portions' are 100ml 'Tasters' and 500ml 'Carafes' or the imperious 'Full Bottle'. Pick the right size for you, your budget and how many guests you have.
All these are subject to change...but...here's the lineup!
- First up is the Henner’s Native Grace Barrel Fermented Chardonnay (veg). Apple, lemon and stone fruit aromas with some toasty and buttery notes and a citrus streak. Delicate spice and creamy, textural richness from time spent in barrel.
- Next we head to Herefordshire for the Ancre Hill Orange wine (ve). It’s an Orange wine, in a sort of Natty styleeee made from (mainly) Albarino! Deep, savoury, with nectarine & tangerine and lifted herbal notes.
- Thirdly we have a Cornish beauty, the Camel Valley Rose. A beautifully balanced, luscious rosé. Intense aromas of strawberries and raspberries. Perfect for sipping al fresco.
- Finally to Austria for the Sharpham Estate Pinot Noir (ve). Bursting with cherry fruit aromas this is pretty Pinot Noir. The palate is light yet supple, packed with juicy red fruits. Tannis are softened by time in oak and add gentle spice to this excellent Pinot.
If you fancy a little something extra special you can also grab a bonus bottle of English Sparkling Wine. Full bottle only, for obvious reasons!!
- The Camel Valley Blanc De Noirs Brut NV (ve). An elegant sparkler with a pearlescent hue, a fine filigree mousse, with youthful red fruits on the nose and a fabulously long finish
Serious wines, for (not very) serious folk...Should be an absolute spanker!!