Our in-store tastings are BACK BABY!! After a year and half of meeting through Zoom, we can now all meet up and share our love of all things boozy in person...and we are so, so, SO excited!! We have a full program of events coming up!!
Our in-store Tastings have various start times - on Thursdays they will start in both stores at 8pm. On Saturdays they will start in Rammy at 2pm and in Prestwich at 4pm. The LIVE virtual tastings will continue and they will always start at 8pm unless specifically stated otherwise!
This week, we have a: Producer Spotlight with J. Lohr.
For this tasting we would like to solely focus on one producer, and introduce you to American Pioneer
Jerry Lohr & his family.
J. Lohr was founded 5 decades ago & is still family-owned and operated today.
We won’t spill too much info until the day!.. But in the 1980’s, Jerry Lohr saw the potential for great Cabernet Sauvignon to be grown in the then unknown region of Paso Robles & began vineyards there.
“What Robert Mondavi was to Napa Valley, Jerry Lohr is to the Central Coast, leading & elevating an entire viticultural region from Monterey to Paso Robles”
Everyone loves a good Hero story…
Come join us and we’ll tell you more and share their fabulous wines!
No nationwide delivery obviously as these are IN PERSON/IN-STORE tastings only. We still delivery nationwide on our LIVE virtual tastings but this is not one of those tastings!
The 'portions' are 75ml per person unless stated otherwise, and almost always teamed up with a delicious food pairing. There will be lots of opportunity to buy more wine afterwards if you so please...
All these are subject to change...but...here's the lineup!
- First up, we will start you off with a glass of Riverstone Chardonnay; A fresh, youthful & textured Chardonnay, now comprised of 9 Chardonnay Clones, each bringing one component to the complexity of flavours & textures in the final blend. The wine exhibits flavours of White Peach, floral, citrus, baking spices & honey.. Delish!
- Secondly a glass of Falcon’s Perch Pinot Noir; This red showcases the best of cool climate Monterey County Pinot Noir. Varietal strawberry, soy & sagebrush on the nose are followed by camphor, dried Cherry, and black tea on the finish
- Next up is Wild Flower Valdiguie; Bright and youthful red hues and profuse brambly fruit aromas are accented by black pepper notes. On tasting, a zesty attack of pomegranate and blackberry fruit leaves crisp, fresh fruit on the palate
- Followed by Tower Road Petite Sirah; Bright and energetic with aromas of Cranberry, Olallieberry, and Coconut Shell. Delightful with tart red and blue fruit on the palate, followed by exquisite length, concentration, and an interesting floral character.
- Finally we will be trying a glass of Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon; Fresh varietal aromas of black cherry and hints of toasted pastry and baking spice on the nose. Dense and soft on the palate. Elegant layers of black and red currants leave a bright finish
Serious wines, for (not very) serious folk...should be an absolute spanker!!